a few images & words for your eyes this weekend.
- A mouth-watering recipe for roasted Brussels sprouts (chili and maple!).
- This past week the Obamas shared their portraits, done by artists Kehinde Wiley and Amy Sherald respectively.
- Lily Seika Jones' Instagram is filled with gorgeous illustrations with a fairy tale aesthetic. Serendipitously, I stumbled upon her illustration of Vasilisa the Beautiful right after I had finished a retelling of the same story on the Myths & Legends podcast. I'm also about to start a book called The Bear and the Nightingale, which features a Vasilisa and is based on Russian fairy tales. It's all very lovely!
- I recently bought these pink tassel mules and I'm in love with them. Now if only it would get a bit warmer and stop snowing, I could start wearing them out.
- Have you ever wanted to run a night market stall on an island full of cats? While I'm ambivalent towards cats, I love night markets and the adorable artwork for this game so yes, sign me right up for Mineko's Night Market. The game is projected to come out sometime this year—maybe (hopefully!) as soon as March.
I hope the weekend is treating you well.