a few images & words for your eyes this weekend.
Happy Sunday! How has your weekend been so far?
I had a 24-hour work-related competition that I participated in, so I didn't crawl into bed until 4:30am this morning. The competition brief was tough—my teammate and I didn't think we came up with anything award-winning, unfortunately, but it felt good to work on something with fewer creative constraints than we would normally have at work. Hopefully I'll be able to participate again next year!
Right now I'm taking Sunday as slow as possible. I rolled out of bed at 11 and have been eating, reading, and catching up on some housekeeping. Later tonight I'm going to play badminton with some friends, and maybe catch the tail end of the Oscars.
What about you?
If you've got some time to kill, here are a few pretty things from around the Internet, plus a book that's on my radar.
- Now that the Pyeongchang Olympics are over, who's excited for Tokyo's mascots? (ME)
- These are beautiful and I need them for my bed. I mean, need in the figurative sense. They're pretty expensive.
- For all your artsy lettering inspiration: Abbey Sy!
- I'm itching to travel. Yes I'll be heading to LA/Disneyland and San Diego at the end of April, but this journal about biking around the Isles of Mull and Iona has me hoping I can make it to a national park sometime this summer. (Scottish isles would also be cool.)
- My book to-buy list never ends. Now I have my eye on The Last Black Unicorn by Tiffany Haddish. Maybe I'll make my way down to the bookstore this evening as a treat for my hard work yesterday... yeah? Yeah.
I'm hoping your weekend is relaxing and cozy. Spring feels just around the corner...