Comin' at you late, late, late this Sunday because life is busy!
How was your weekend? Mine was a mix of things. The downside was that Michael & I were rear-ended on Saturday and now our car is basically trashed. Also, we need to book physio appointments tomorrow because it was a bit of a head-banger. The bright side is that nothing was broken or cut, and we are alive!
By the way, the driver who stupidly rear-ended us was likely on their phone during the incident (I mean, how else do you not see a stationary car with it's right turn signal on waaaaay ahead of you?). So, this is your reminder to not be an idiot and stay off your phone while you're driving! Because now these two kids don't have a car.
Ok, now the good things about this weekend: we saw The Incredibles II and it was everything we ever dreamed it would be and worth every penny and every year since the first Incredibles movie! I went in with high expectations and still left the theatre happier than I thought I would. It's amazing how much one special, much-anticipated movie can mean to a whole generation of kids! (If you weren't aware, I was nine when the first movie came out and it's been fourteen years since.)
I also went to a mini farmers market with my grandmother and picked up some delicious vegetables & strawberries, and had a wonderful backyard/poolside BBQ. Bless June--I always forget how out of this world local, in-season strawberries taste.
Also, in non-weekend news: E3 was last week and it was amazing. I'm so excited for Smash Ultimate, Overcooked 2, and so so so much more. Nintendo has had a good run these past few years at E3 and this year was no exception! Oh wait... except for the fact that there was no announcement of a new Animal Crossing game... that was pretty crushing. Pooh.
Okay, okay. Enough about me, blah blah blah. Here's your links:
- Beautiful painted portraits… of animals in wild hats. Full of whimsy.
- From Rookie, an essay on leaving home at a young age. I've recently been reading Rookie On Love and been loving that too.
- I also love Carolyn’s Dress up and Sit Down series!
- One of my favourite things about Vancouver is quality Asian food. My mom sent me this little writeup from the NYT about it.
- For the longest time, I didn’t care about Mario Tennis. I figured it would be like Wii Tennis with an adventure mode, which sounded like a snooze fest. But apparently it’s definitely a fighting game with cute graphics and now my interest is piqued!
- I didn't even expect this from E3 but I'm super excited for it: Overcooked 2! I really should do a review of it sometime on this site
- The Pixar short playing before The Incredibles II was just as wonderful, emotional, and joyful as the feature film. It's called Bao, and you need to see it. Also, here's an article + recipe on it that's worth checking out.
Hope you're week is looking good!